The master of business and science degree (M.B.S.) is part of a national movement of professional science master’s programs that brings together master’s level study in science or engineering with courses in business and policy. Rutgers is the only university in New Jersey that offers a statewide master of business and science degree.
The degree is a combination of the M.S. and the M.B.A. degree. Rutgers University–Camden offers three concentrations: actuarial sciences, applied computing, and industrial mathematics. All of the concentrations share a common set of business courses, hands-on learning, team based learning in a diverse setting, development of personal and professional skills, career development opportunities, and internship opportunities.
- Official transcripts showing a bachelors degree with a science/math/engineering major from an accredited university, and a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GRE scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- If your degree is not in science/mathematics, then you need to have taken calculus I, II, and III, and differential equations and/or linear algebra.
- For the industrial/applied mathematics track basic knowledge of C++ is also required.
Fall Priority Deadline: March 1st
Spring Priority Deadline: November 1st
43 total credits
- 24 science credits within a concentration
- 19 business credits.
- Professional development activities (12 in total)
- Relevant work experience or six credit internship
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Computing
- Industrial Mathematics
- Certificate in Science and Technology Management (19 credits, Program Code 56196C)